How is COVID-19 impacting my church life?
The pastors, staff, and leadership of Woodlawn are aware of the tenuous times in which we are living as the spread of COVID-19 seems to be changing the landscape of our world. We have prayerfully considered how this impacts you as individuals as well as our corporate church body.
A message from our pastors
Info about Church Online
In an effort to follow the CDC guidelines and do our part in keeping everyone safe, Woodlawn’s leadership has decided to temporarily cease our face to face ministries at this time. Woodlawn will not host any group meetings until March 29, at least, in order to help “flatten the curve” by preventing the spread of the virus. This will include worship services, Sunday school classes, small groups, Woodlawn Kids, Woodlawn Youth, CR and Woodlawn Child Development Center. We are also cancelling special events to include Adventures in Marriage on March 27 & 28, Church Serve Day on April 4, as well as Easter Jam on April 8. Our leadership will re-evaluate on March 30 to determine what our next steps will be. The church offices will also be closed. If any of this changes, we will notify you.
Things that will continue despite the “social-distancing”:
- ONLINE WORSHIP SERVICES. We will provide a way for you to worship at home with your families. Each Sunday you can watch at your leisure as we sing and give praise to our Lord and then listen to sermons from our pastors. Watch HERE
- PRAYER. If you have a prayer request, please reach out to us by clicking HERE. Or leave a voicemail at (850) 234-3196 ext. 308.
- WE CARE. This is a vital support to our community. At this time, We Care will remain open during the regular operating hours. There will be some changes to the delivery of this ministry, but we will still provide what we can. We Care is still in need of donations, especially during this time. If you are able, please drop donations in the church lobby during normal business hours. Pantry needs include toilet paper, hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, mayonnaise, mustard, cereal, Hamburger Helper, complete pancake mix, Stove Top Stuffing, Tampax, laundry detergent, shampoo, #4 & #5 diapers, and reading glasses. Cash and check donations are also accepted. Make checks payable to Woodlawn UMC.
- GIVING. Although we are not meeting in person, the Lord still calls us to faithfulness in our giving. We have several methods listed below for you to stay engaged in this area. If you have questions about how to give, please email [email protected].
- To give online by credit card or bank draft, please visit woodlawnpcb.info/giving
- Text give to (813) 644-8622
- Mail checks payable to Woodlawn UMC
219 N. Alf Coleman Rd. Panama City Beach 32407
We want you, our Woodlawn family, to know that we love and care about you. Please be safe and responsible in the next few weeks. We will continue to pray for you and our world daily and ask that you join us in this effort. If you have physical needs, please contact the church office and we will do our best to assist you. We serve a big God and He remains in control. Please stay tuned to your email and social media for updates from us in the coming days. The links to our website & social media platforms are below.
We can’t wait until we can be together in person again! Get ready for a HUGE celebration whenever that time comes!